Monday, September 7, 2015

PT3 : Informal Letter : Pen Pal's Letter

Sample Question

You received a letter from a boy in South Korea. Read the contents carefully and write a reply. You letter must not be less than 120 words.


B, Apartment 218,
3rd City Street, Ilsan-dong,
Goyang City of Gyeonggi,
South Korea.
3rd of April 2015
Dear Anita,

                I came across your name in Pen pal’s Column in a magazine. I would like to be your pen pal. I am hoping to become friends with you and exchange letters. I would also love to learn more about you and your country.

                My name is Kim Rea-Won. My family and friends call me Rea-Won. Just like you, I am fifteen years old. My birthday is on 1st of July.

                I came from a small family – my older brother who is attending college now, my parents and I. My father works in a small company and my mother is a fulltime housewife.

                You probably heard of South Korea through our music-K-pop and dramas. However, South Korea is also a beautiful country. There are a lot of places with beautiful scenery and picturesque sights. My favourite time of the year is during cherry blossom blooming.

                Please write to me about you, your family and your country. I heard from class that it is a beautiful country.
                I hope to hear from you soon!
                                                                                                                                                                           
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Yours sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Rea-Won




Model Answer


No 20-B, Jalan Kasturi,
Taman Megah,
47810 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia
2nd of May,2015

Dear Rea-Won,

                It is an absolute delight to receive a letter from you! I registered at the magazine a long time ago and already forgotten about it. I thought I would never receive a letter from anyone. I would definitely love to be your pen pal.

                First of all, I would like to tell you about myself. My name, as you know, is Anita Yoon. I am an only child so both of us come from a small family. My father works in the government and my mother is a kindergarten teacher.  My birthday is on 22nd of May, which make me a few months older than you.

                Malaysia is a small country in Southeast Asia. In Malaysia, the weather is whether hot or wet (rainy season). Usually, rainy season starts at the end of the year and sometimes it causes flood. However, we also have plenty of interesting and picturesque locations and holiday destinations like Langkawi Island, Melaka and etc.

                I hope to hear from you soon. We can also exchange email. My email address is anitay@gmail.com. I’ll be waiting!

Yours sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                                                           Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is The Difference Between Different and Difference?

Different is an adjective. Example of sentences: 1) He looks different due to his new hairstyle. 2) The scenery is different in the wi...